TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do you test an internal power supply on a 46" lcd sharp…

Customer Question
How do you test...

How do you test an internal power supply on a 46" lcd sharp tv ? It powers up for 3-5seconds then shuts off

Technician's Assistant: What Sharp model do you have? How old is it?

Sorry, i dont have it right now

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It doesnt stay on long enough to do anything

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sharp? What happened right before this?

I dont know ,my nephew gave it to me and said he had brought it in to see what was wrong and tech told him power supply

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/14/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 5 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Before I can help you troubleshoot, I need to know the model number from the TV's rear panel.

Lc-46sb54u

Great, thank you! OK do you want assistance in replacing the power supply, or do you have a multimeter and the ability to measure voltages?

I have multimeter and ability to test for voltage.

OK, great. When the TV shuts off, what do >>the LEDs<< on the front of the TV do? Do any of them flash?