TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG Smart Tv, i need to set my pin code, and i do…

Customer Question
Hi I have an...

Hi I have an LG Smart Tv, i need to set my pin code, and i do not know what the original is..... i have entered variations i thought were correct and now i think i may be locked out..... Can you please suggest how to fix this issue ? thanks

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

Let me check....model # 43LF5900-UB

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, I no longer have cable tv, but am just trying to get basic local channels set up with my antenna... otherwise i stream w/ apps.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 43LF5900? What happened right before this?

There has been no issue... we are trying to search for channels and a pin code is being requested, and i do not recall what it is... to reset a pin, i am being asked to enter the original pin #.. do you have any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that we know of... how will you be connecting with us ?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/14/2018
TV Technician: Eldon, Technician replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

the factory default is 0000, can you try that please?