TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have the banner across the bottom of my tv and I want it…

Customer Question
Hey Pearl, I have...

Hey Pearl, I have the banner across the bottom of my tv and I want it gone...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

The model number is ***** it's a Hitachi 40" and I've had it about 3 years...

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv menu does work... yes...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LA40A205E? What happened right before this?

It happened when I first got the TB and somehow, I picked up and fixed it... This time it has been about 24 hrs...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it, thank you...

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/13/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 5 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

What does the banner say?is it things about the TV itself?

Thanks Anthony...

It has several blocks (1080p, Dolby digital on/sleep timer, HDMI, eco, dynamic backlight)

OK just give me 5 mins please

Thank you...

The model is wrong can you please re-check it

Ok, give me a minute...
L40A105E

OK hang on please

Ok...

The set is in STORE mode please go into the settings menu and let me know if you see STORE or HOME YOU NEED TO PICK home

When I go to menu, there's no settings option, and nothing shows STORE or HOME as options...

Is there a reset option in the settings menu?

there is
It's in the Setup screen...

OK I am hoping that is a factory reset please activate that and it will put you back to first time set up and then you will see the option for store or home pick home

Ok, when i clicked on reset, a reset button block showed up at the bottom of my screen, but didn't change anything...

OK I have to go on a call I will open the question up to others

Ok... Thank you...
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 5 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...banner across the bottom..."

Initially, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?
Or some other device/s?

Is the "...banner across the bottom..." consistently shown with any source?

What exactly is displayed in this banner?

The banner shows blocks that say 1080p, Dolby digital, on/off timer, HDMI, Eco, and dynamic backlight...
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago

Appreciate the additional information.

Using the original remote control, press the DISPLAY button to turn off the current information shown at the bottom of the screen.

Hey Louie, when I press the display button, there's no option to turn off anything...

Pressing the DISPLAY button toggles this banner of/off. Try pressing a couple of times.

Also consider checking the remote.

There is a partial test to confirm if the remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote (particularly the DISPLAY button), there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.