TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sound no picture

Customer Question
Sound no picture Technician's...

Sound no picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/13/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV and how old is it please?

Please view my reply and send one back to proceed.

32PFL5332D

Thanks for the reply. What's the rough age of the TV also please- over a year, under a year??

Are you still with me here? Are you unavailable to continue with your TV right now?

dECEMBER 07

Thank you. Are there any signs of life on the TV right now please- power light lit or blinking, etc.?

December 2007

I got that already thank you. Are there any signs of life on the TV right now please- power light lit or blinking, etc.?

green light shows in lower front

If you use the original TV remote (not the cable remote) can you get the MENU to display? Or does the screen remain black - as if the set were not even on?

Still there?

Nothing displays

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?