TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Having a strange issue, replaced the factory bulb in 2015…

Having a strange issue...

Having a strange issue, replaced the factory bulb in 2015 and the TV was shutting off after around a min or so. I decided to replace the bulb again. did not get a OEM this time as I did the previous time. This bulb lasted less than 2 weeks, now nothing. was doing the same thing as the previous bulb for a little but now totally dead. just foe giggles plugged the old bulb back in and it still turns on but only for a short time and then shuts off and red LED comes on solid.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Do they need model # and such?

3/13/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please get me the model number of teh set please found on the back of the set?

WD-73837

Where did you get the lamp from please and for what price?

first lamp in 2015 from Exclusive Bulbs was an OEM Philips bulb, this replacement was an Osram Neolux Bulb for $70 and change
BRB

https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/

I come across this issue regularly and its simply because the lamp is not upto standard it has to be an OEM from the above (click link) or www.dlplampsource.com nothing else will do suppliers sometime s say OEM compatable that is not an OEM you can only get OEM from the above sources,let me know your thoughts

am getting a refund on that lamp but am wondering if there is something else going on if the old bulb will still turn on for a short period of time? as in another problem with the TV, because the OEM bulb works but then TV shuts off and still shows the solid red LED indicating that there is a bad bulb but it will turn back on for a short time?

Both lamps are bad but showing different symptoms...

that is what I am not sure of? could it be a cooling issue, or another issue?

No both lamps are bad? this is what I am saying,you need to fit an OEM lamp ,if the set had any other issues it would report it with the status light

ok sir, thank you for he help. Am ordering an OEM bulb now.
Thank you again for your info.

Believe me set will be good once you fit a lamp from either of those two links above

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician