TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I purchase a Sony wireless stereo headphone system to use…

Customer Question
I purchase a Sony...

I purchase a Sony wireless stereo headphone system to use with a Samsung smart TV. It is connected to the TV using the optical cable out of the TV into a digital to analog converter. The analog signal is plugged in to the headset. It works OK with the COMCAST cable TV, but does not work with the streaming apps (NETFLIX, HULU, etc). All I receive is a buzzing noise. I have tried changing frequency settings and talked to several people at Best Buy where I purchased the product. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No errors - video is fine

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Many times I would also mention that COMCAST offers Netflx through it's cable service. When I play it through COMCAST it works fine. Only when I stream it through the TV does it cause a problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It's a SAMSUNG 55inch TV - also I use ROKU on another TV with analog out on the TV and it works fine. Somehow it must be related to the digital/analog converter along with the signal the streaming apps the putting out

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/14/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Ok

Go into the TV Sound Settings and make sure the Digital out is set to PCM rather than Dolby.

Let me know if that works?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------