TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

On channel 92, I have to push the pound button 3 or 4 times…

On channel 92, I...

On channel 92, I have to push the pound button 3 or 4 times to get a full screen picture, which then is not as sharp as all the other channels. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What Sharp model do you have? How old is it?

Can't tell. 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. I have the problem only (so far) on channels 92 and 93.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sharp? What happened right before this?

Week or so. Only thing was Verizon techie tried to fix and failed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not yet.

3/13/2018
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

I understand that you have 2 channels not coming in as clearly as the rest. This is happening on channels 92 and 93, correct?

Correct

Are you using a cable box or is it just cable out of the wall with Verizon?

Cable box

If the channels are clear on other stations, but not clear on specific ones, it is going to be an issue with the cable service provider. The reason I say that is because if you had an antenna or cable out of the wall, then the TV tuner card is actually in your TV itself. That is what controls the picture for each channel. There could be a signal issue too but for the most part, the main picture comes from your TV. Since you have a cable box, the TV Tuner card is actually built into the cable box and is delivered to your TV to an input like by HDMI. So in this case, all pictures are controlled by Verizon's cable box and not your TV. I don't believe you're having an issue with your TV. I think Verizon needs to come back out and resolve the picture issue. What did they tell you when they were last there?

Thanks

No problem! If you would like to keep me in the loop to the next time they come back out there, you can keep me assigned to your question by giving me a quick rating at the top right (hopefully 5 stars!). Then you can communicate back with me on this question just like you are now and let me know what they say when they come back out. I'd be more than willing to continue to work with you on this issue.

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service