TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot change the channel. My remote turns the TV on and I…

Customer Question
I cannot change the...

I cannot change the channel. My remote turns the TV on and I get channel 4 and when I switch channels I get a blank screen.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/13/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

I just unplugged everything and will wait 5 min.
Just returned and the tv is the same.
should I just buy another TV?

Here typing

Have you replugged it back in again?

For a set of this age a replacement of the main-board by a tech will be around $250

You can use this link www.tvrepairpros.com to find an approved tech in your area

Please scroll up to see all my replies

I am not sure which way you want to go with this hopefully the information is helping you move forwards

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony