TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony xbr 4K tv the illumination light is flashing…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony xbr 4K tv the illumination light is flashing different colors

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

Model xbr-55x850c purchased 2015

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No picture at all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/13/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Do you mean the power-light on the front of the set please?

the power light is usually glowing white but now is flashing colors and no picture on screen

Can you please reboot the TV by un-plugging from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

Ok

Thanks let me know

No change still flashing same light

Oh dear that is not good its looking like a failed main-board here, it will need to be replaced, you have two options replace it yourself (subject to the board being available) or get a tech to do this www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a approved tech in your area, let me know what you think here

What board is the main board looks like there is three boards in the back one to the left looking at the back that has the power cord to it one to the right that has the inputs and one at the bottom middle that has two ribbons going into it from the input board

Yes I just needed to know what your thoughts were if you want to do this yourself I will help you do that,the main-board is the one with all the AV connectors on like hdmi

Ok yes probably do it myself

If you intend to do this yourself you will need to unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis then look on the board for its part-number sony part-numbers are usually 4 digits then 4 digits then maybe 3 or 4 digits, with this try www.shopjimmy.com first if they do not have it google the part-number for suppliers, its the reverse to fit the board no settingup,cost of board around $100

If you need more help with it let me know question is open for 30 days

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Jeff do you need any more help with this please?