TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My vizio tv keeps playing a high pitched screeching sound…

Hi, my vizio tv...

Hi, my vizio tv keeps playing a high pitched screeching sound and then shutting off every 2 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Vizio TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Pretty sure it’s HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I’ve read some forums that say I need to replace the main board

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

I am currently in class, can I get back to you in 10 minutes?

No problem, please take your time

The model is E470i-A0

- Do you get a normal bright picture while TV having high pitched screeching sound?

It turns to red static
a high pitched screeching sound

You mean the whole screen turns to red when high pitched screeching sound starts on the TV?

OK, it could be display panel/ the screen internal problem too, however, mainboard would be failing and swapping the mainboard on the TV will either fix it or confirm it is the screen internal issue, please click the following link to view main board image and part number info to search/ google it for replacement board price info

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/e470i-a0

If the screen found defective then you would be better off with a new TV rather than be spending time and money on replacing the screen that may cost more than a new TV price. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Thanks

Much welcome, wish you the best~

Please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician