TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Need advice on a Toshiba 62hm95 62 in tv with a bad color…

Need advice on a...

Need advice on a Toshiba 62hm95 62 in tv with a bad color wheeel

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Its a Toshiba 62hm95 and about 7years old , need advice on a color wheel for it or light engine

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works but picture is fading in and out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it oh it makes a whining sound when its cut on

3/13/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

What exactly do you need? "Advice" meaning what?

we can chat here

on where to find parts , can a color wheel be cleaned manually , part # 23405476

No you cannot fix this by cleaning the color wheel. It is worn out. Being a moving part, over time it is normal to wear out. You will have to replace the color wheel. Then in another 5-7 years you will have to replace it again, and so on...

Your best option is buy online at eBay (new):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/110698000524

And you can see DIY videos on YouTube.

it has been stated I need a light engine , any resources I can try also, any thoughts dealing with the attached stereo speakers if I get rid of the tv

Unsure who stated you need a light engine...

Did you see my previous posts? Saying color wheel needs to be replaced, buy online at provided link https://www.ebay.com/itm/110698000524

And see YouTube videos for DIY...

Getting rid of it - lots of people on craigs list...

thanks again, in researching it may have been mentioned

You're welcome. Reply back for more assistance.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Mike G ,are these models interchangeably 62 hm94/ 62hm195 / and 62 hmx95/and 62hm95

As far as the color wheel - yes.

Excellent service and insightful
Last question would that apply to light engines , interchangeably and would have resources to install myself

The light engine is not widely available, probably very difficult to find in stock at all.... except USED which is not recommended. If you did find it, price would be way to expensive - more than a new 60 tv.