TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Brand new 4500 series 24” TV with sound but no picture.

Brand new 4500 series...

Brand new 4500 series 24” TV with sound but no picture. Suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 24”?

It is hooked up to an antenna. No cable or Direct TV type

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

How brand new is it , how old ?

I take it this is a samsung ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One month old. Yes, Samsung

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Totally dark. Only sound

You bought it locally ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Amazon

OK then that could be a problem as normally you would be entitled to an exchange or refund but now you may have to call samsung for a repair
What size is this tv ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
24”

OK then you could check with amazon for a return option but i know for a fact that you will have to pay for the shipping so it may be cheaper to just call samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG and ask them for the closest samsung ASC in your town

If you have sound but a black screen then the back ligthing led`s or driver have failed

There is no reset for this here , your tv has failed i`m afraid

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

Jack
Jack, Technician
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician