TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Each tome O plug my firestick into the vizio it tv screen…

Each tome O plug...

Each tome O plug my firestick into the vizio it tv screen flickers

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

It doesn't do it if the fire stick is not plugged in and the firestick works on my 65 inch tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The model is E3D320VX

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your E3D320VX? What happened right before this?

I plug onto the firestick that works perfectly on the other Vizio

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/13/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Waiting the 10 minutes

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will this be $26 in addition to the $23

yes but it is optional

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Same flickering issue

Plug it into a different HDMI port

Same issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sir I've done thay and its the same issue. I followed the vizio online instructions. It only happens on this tv in both ports works fine everywhere else and this tv works fine if the firestick is not plugged in

Ok, but if you connect another device to the HDMI port on this TV, how does it look?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've did that too and the other device worked fine. Its only with the firestick I have 3 of them and each of them flickers. On this tv nut are fine elsewhere

What is the power supply for the firestick connected to? Power socket or power board?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tv in the wall Firestick in regular surge protector

Can you use a power supply from another fire on it

Any change?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No change

bypass the surge protector, straight to the wall

any change?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Switched out power cords and had them noth plugged directly into the wall socket still flickers with all sticks

but not on other TV;s correct, only this one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I saw on one site that the recommendation was a monster 800G surge protector with green power. I've ordered that too nut it hasnt arrived yet

I do not see that changing anything else all my customers would have this issue

Follow the steps here to do a full reset please of the TV

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-do-i-reset-a-vizio-tv

Once done, set it up and tell me how the firestick then operates please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I give up. I'll just purchase another TV and use this one in the garage
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On the vizio site I did a reset.

Looks to be a fault on the mainboard, non powered units are ok, but anything with power close by is giving the issue.

Any chance you have a Google Chromecast there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No Google comcast. Thank you for your assistance

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I spent too many days attempting to resolve this issue with no positive results. You were my last attempt
Richard, Technician