TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Why my Sony Bravia is failing to mirror with Dell laptop?

Customer Question
why my Sony Bravia is failing to mirror with Dell laptop?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/13/2018
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Bravia TV or monitor question.

I am not quite sure, to be quite honest, as to what you are saying when you say, the Sony Bravia TV will not 'mirror' the Dell laptop. I would guess that you mean, the screen from the Dell laptop is not being shown on the screen of the Bravia TV.

There might be two factors involved:

1. whether the proper Source, or Signal Source, is selected on the Bravia TV. The Bravia TV's Menu will have settings for Source or Input Source or Signal Source. That setting should be set to the port (HDMI perhaps?) on the TV, that the Dell laptop is hooked up to.

2. whether the Dell laptop is sending the image of its screen display, to the port you have connected to the Bravia TV... in other words, whether 'External Monitor' is switched On.

In Dell computers, that is often done by a key combination on the Dell computer's keyboard. You hold down the Fn key, and then press the F8 key at the top of the keyboard, once, then let go of both keys, to switch On the External Monitor or External Display signal from the Dell computer.

(Sometimes this feature is enabled in the BIOS Setup, but this is much more rare. And, to be sure I have instructed you properly, please Reply telling me the model of your Dell laptop.)

Does this help, and answer your question?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)