TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

E470va vizio, the tv is out complely. i fixed the problem,

E470va vizio Technician's Assistant:...

E470va vizio

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv is out complely.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

I fixed the problem, but what i did was not enough.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I changed the capacitor and it worked for a few minutes. the capacitor blows out again.

3/13/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the tv is out completely. i changed the capacitor. only to find out they blow out again.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i don't have 26 dollars.

On which board? Power board?

Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** a real life tv repairman and I'll be helping you with this.

By the way
If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE , I`m an independent tech. and have NO CONTROL over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

Let me know when ready to proceed and no i don`t think unplugging 10 minutes will repair the capacitor problem

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello.

Hi

There could be 2 reasons for capacitors to blow up , one is over voltage on it and the other would be installed with the wrong polarities

What was the original problem anyway ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have to much power going in to the capacitors. the shut off swich , if there is one is not working.

Did you install the new caps with the original value ?

Specifically its working voltages ?

Are you saying the tv works but does not or did not turn off ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the original problem is the light in front of the tv workes. nothing else.

You mean the tv acted as if it was turning on but no picture and no sound ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i got it to work but the capacitors when blow out. So there is to much power going in to the power supply.

You did not answer my last question , please do

Also , i will upload a picture shortly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
everything was working. all of the sudden picture got stolen.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
picture sound channels inputs everything worked and got stolen. when all out. the capacitors blow out why. why? to much power ac to dc.

OK then now you have a power supply problem

Look at the picture /link below and tell me which caps you replaced

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how can i test to see what's going on.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i change those.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
those are the ones that blow out.

I numbered them , which ones or did you replaced them all ?

Right now I`m not even sure your original problem was the power supply and its capacitors , these models are quite well known for main board issues

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
something is cousing to blow out.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all that was in the red circles.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you show me what powers the capacitors.

Yes and as i said , the wrong value or installed backwards will do it

What about the originals , did they look blown ??

Have you noted the stripe on the side of those , that is the negative terminal

Yes the power plug and following circuits power those caps

There is no pointing at one specific component here , they all work together and by now i think replacing that board is your solution if you want to avoid headaches and save time and frustrations

Vizio ADTV92424ABV is your board

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there are supposed to be fat. but there were not. they have puffed around. so changed then just to be shore.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what are caps.

I guess that did not do it and those were just signs of a bigger problem

That board cost around 40 bucks and i would suggest replacing it whole

CAPS= Capacitors

Nice try but in electronics one of the quality that makes a good tech. is knowing when to quit and go for the practical solution , in this case replace the whole board , i think you may be heading for more than you expected

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i followed the circuit the values were going up and down. i got time any way and money.

OK then good luck with that
This is as far as i can go without being there myself with tools and meters

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the parts is cheap.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks.

Much welcome and if you decide to go for a new board , here is one for $40 ;

http://www.buyqual.com/715g4069-p01-w30-003m-t-92424abv-vizio-adtv92424abv-power-supply.html

Here is one for $29 ; http://mgelectronicsrepairservice.com/store/product/adtv92424abv-715g4069-p01-w30-003m-vizio-power-supply/

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks. one last question. the power line from the out let to tv is it suposed to read 125.

Yes in most case but it can go as low as 120

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what if the power board blows out.

Unless you had a power surge or spike then the line voltage does not matter

I mean if that tv went because of the power line then you would have other equipment affected as well

That board just failed

Any more questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how long to next tech.

Next tech. ??

This is it .

You still want to try and repair that board ??

I gave you a link where you could get a new one for 29 bucks

You have a membership , just open another post and ask for a second opinion

Its all the same cost to you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but what i want to see it not.

Not sure what you mean here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it easy. just tell me what supplys the power to the capacitor. what power the capacitor is sopusoed to shut off.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the power is supposed to stop. the capacitor supposed to observe the power. the power supposed to stop. work olny with the capacitor, until they need more power.

I don`t think you understand the complexity of those SMPS (switch mode power supplies) here , there is NO ONE SINGLE COMPONENT here that can cause the problem you have and you would need to be a full fledged electronics tech. to work this out

Sorry but from your last statement I think you are way in over your head now and the easy solution is to replace that board whole

A cap can have 2 functions mainly and the most common is as a filter like what you have here or in other cases be used as coupling capacitor to carry the signal through

Small value caps are also used in tuning /resonant circuits and timing circuits if you want more details

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i will look up what wich component does what can you help me look that. what site can help looking and what wich one does.

You`re talking about electronics in general

Get yourself books on electronic circuits components but it may take a couple years trial and error here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
anything and everything.
what you just said.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
websites. for more resaerch.

Just google online electronic course and you will find quite a bit

Have to step out now

Open another post and perhaps another tech. here may have a different perspective on this although I doubt it

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician