TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No picture no sound on a 55inch hitachi. There are. No but…

No picture no sound...

No picture no sound on a 55inch hitachi

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Hitachi TV?

Yes there are

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No but power and lights have flickered a couple of times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is all

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

I am

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

No online chat is good
Purchased about 2 years ago I will get the model number if you can hold o The only number i see on the back of set is model # CH4KM05525

That's a serial number, not useful here. It's ok... Please try this:

-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on. Try the button on the tv, not just remotes.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Model number is *****

Sorry that does not look like a model number either. It's ok....

Please try this:

ok hold on i will do this unplugged and will wait three minutes

ok

it was working fine last night go up this am and not working

ok

i think its been 3 mins i will plug it in and try to turn it on

alright

It starts by saying please wait and then I see the date and time screen and then nothing cable is working tv is not

Is there a cable box connected to this tv? Please reboot your cable box by unplugging it's power cord for 10 seconds (leave the tv On).

ok will do that now
did that now tv seems to be working again

Excellent! Reply back for more assistance.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
seems that the cable maybe went out during current snow storm and did no reboot correctly I will give you a five star review thanks a million for your help

You're welcome!