TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic tv model tc l42e50 seven years old when I…

I have a Panasonic...
I have a Panasonic tv model tc l42e50 seven years old when I turn it on it flashes a picture once or twice then turns off the power button flashes red once every few seconds consistently
3/13/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you just send me a message below please so I know you are there thanks

I only have that one email address why do you need a second one ?

Messages are sent by the site I have no control over those you are now in this chat

Ok

You can choose to accept or reject any offers

OK now back to your issue and I am afraid I do not have good news for you about this issue....

Its bad back-lights that are triggering this one blink code, unfortunately its not an option to replace back-lights due to costs, particularly if the set is over say 4 years

The back-lights illuminate the pixels if they develop a problem then the set will shut down

Once again sorry for bad news let me know what you think here

I guess I will have two buy a new one? Thanks for the bad news ��

Yes unfortunately we get this type of problem everyday even with sets under warranty, if you do get a new set make sure you get at least 4 years extended cover

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

If the tv shuts down then say blinks twice and then once every few seconds is that the say
Same

Set is blinking a code the thing is it shows the pic then the backlights go out due to them being bad the set is designed to shut down in those situations and blink a code that code is failed backlights

I just noticed the set is 7 years old so that is a good run anyhow for modern sets

Ok got ya thank you for your time

Its a general opinion in the industry a modern TVs life is 5 years

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Your Welcome

Anthony