TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

MY SAMSUNG TV CONTINUALLY GOES TO SLEEP-I NEED IT TO STAY…

Customer Question
MY SAMSUNG TV CONTINUALLY...

MY SAMSUNG TV CONTINUALLY GOES TO SLEEP-I NEED IT TO STAY ON

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

LA26D460E1H MAYBE 4-5 YEARS

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

ITS CONNECTED TO A DVR

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

IT USED TO STAY ON

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

NO-JUST WANT THE TV TO STAY ON

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/13/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

AM DOING IT-WILL GET BACK TO YOU IN 10MINS

Thank you

NO

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please

I HAVE TURNED OFF TV AND HELD POWER BUTTON FOR 60 SECS- AWAIT 10 MINS TO RE POWER

ok

HAVE POWERED TV AND AWAIT TO SEE IF 'SLEEP' RETURNS

how long does it normally take?

have noticed that TV goes off after 4 hours???? Please advise

ok, but did it go to sleep again?