TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

THE POWER TURNED OFF. ITS A SAMSUNG 65 INCH CURVED TV I

Customer Question
THE POWER TURNED OFF ...

THE POWER TURNED OFF

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

ITS A SAMSUNG 65 INCH CURVED TV I PURCHED IT DECEMBER 11,2017

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

NO JUST THE TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

WHILE I WAS WATCHING IT TURNED OFF THE IS POWER TO ALL OTHER EQUIPMENT

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/13/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number of the tv, please?

all equipment has power the tv just turned off during watching, no power, is there a fuse or reset button
Samsung 6500 UN65KU6500F

Thank you for the information,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

there is no fuse or reset button,

but there is the power button on the back that will be needed as part of a reset process:

1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; it is new enough though that it is under warranty, so the next step then would be to file a warranty claim by calling 800samsung in the morning and they will send a tech out to repair it for you.

I will try the reset process
If that does not work I will call in the morning

Thank you, ***** ***** of luck to you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

NOTHING WORKED TO RESET THE TV
WHAT DO I DO NOW THE POWER STILL DOES NOT WORK

Thank you for trying,

the next step then would be to file a warranty claim by calling 800samsung in the morning and they will send a tech out to repair it for you.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.