TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I replaced tcon board and main board on kdl46s4100 I have…

Customer Question
I replaced tcon board...

I replaced tcon board and main board on kdl46s4100 I have sound but no picture just backlight

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Kdl-46s4100

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your KDL-46S4100?

Several years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I replaced main board and tcon board

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/13/2018
TV Technician: Eldon, Technician replied 1 month ago
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble with the tv,

If you've replaced both those boards then we'd be down to a fault in the lcd panel (screen) itself.

That is not possible to fix, the panel itself would actually have to be replaced, which is really never feasible, even for a new tv. This is a 2008 model, well over double its service life, and simply not worth further investment. It would cost twice as much to fix, assuming a panel could even be found which is highly unlikely, than it would to buy a brand new and updated LED tv with a fresh warranty.

My apologies for the news,

Eldon

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Technician