TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The led back light is not working and the unlit picture is…

The led back light...

The led back light is not working and the unlit picture is flashing

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I just replaced the power board . thinking that was the problem

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

thank you

Thanks

I don't want to pay more

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat that you have already paid to the website

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?Thanks
sorry. Sharp lc-lb42261u
42lb261u
I have to put my son to bed. I'll be back in 10 minutes.

Thanks, ***** ***** is either the mainboard or the backlight LEDs failure, mostly it is backlight LEDs failure and needs to replace LED stripes inside the screen that needs to take apart the screen/ display panel, sorry for this news

Please click the following link to view LED stripes and main board image and part number info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=42lb261

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective mainboard or LED stripes replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

I've replaced the board that the main power plugs into. If it was just the leds that need to be replaced why is the unlit picture flashing?

LEDs are failing and causing overload the backlight power section so it shuts Off and back On in an attempt to resolve it and you see it as flashing

The Mainboard is the other one that has all HDMI/ Video inputs, you replaced power board that didn't work because old power board was working OK as well

ok. thank you

Much welcome, wish you the best~

If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician