TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Can I feed my dmp-ub300 into my computer with the hdmi port?

Can I feed my...

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your DMP-UB300?

1 day

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Hooked the player to the computer via hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Ihave hooked my ub300 to my computers hdmi from the ub300 hdmi how do I get it to play?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

Nothing the computer doesnt seem to recognise the ub 300

3/13/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help please Harry.
I have just bought a Blu Ray player and want to view videos on my computer.
I hooked a cable between both machines via an hdmi port at each end.The computer doesnt recognise the other machine. Is it possible to do want I want to do? John

Hi John,

You would need to install a capture card in order to connect the player to your computer.

What is a capture card?

It is a device that will allow you to use your DVD player on your computer

Is it possible to get an outboard capture card if so what would you recommend?

Yes, it is.

Any local electronic store should have one in stock

Any particular brand or model?

No, nothing special; any brand will work for this.

I just ask for a Capture Card?

Yes, a capture card or you can tell them that you want to connect a blu ray player to your computer.

Ok, Thanks Harry you have been a great help.
Hope I can get a Capture card here in New Zealand.
Best Regards,

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Harry, Customer Service