TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have an Element FLX 1510. In an effort to increase the…

Customer Question
We have an Element...

We have an Element FLX 1510. In an effort to increase the volume beyond what the remote could provide I used the volume button on the side of the tv. Only the button turned out to be a channel button and it switched the channel away from the one needed to interface with cable. We do not have the remote and cannot get the tv to work with the cable. Is there a fix you can suggest?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Element TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Checking

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

RCA and all are connected

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The upper right side of the screen on the tv has the number 3 and the word "Cable."

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Locate the button labeled "INPUT" on the TV and use that to select the Input you normally use for your cable box/satellite box etc. Let me know what happens.

Hello, were you able to find that button and did you use it to change the Input??

I just provided the button that gets you off the "TV Input" (which you accessed when you pressed the channel button), and was wondering if you needed further assistance with this?

Input button shows a screen called Input Source with 6 choices
TV(Cable/Air)
Video 1 AV
Video 2 S Video and so on
Video 3 YPbPr
Vid
The one that is chosen is the top one TV Cable/Air

Look at the back of the TV where your cable box plugs into and it will be LABELED one of those choices above. That is the option you'll select. Let me know what the Input is labeled on the back of your TV where the cable box/SAT box (whatever you're using) plugs into.

There are 5 cables, connects with red (2), green(2) and white (1)

Select VIDEO 3.

I can move the selector from selections but I don't know how to let the machine know the choice

How are you moving the selector- what button?

input

Okay, it looks like you're going to need the original Element remote- can you find that?

No, that's the problem

Then you'll have to experiment, use Input to select Video 3 and then press MENU. If that doesn't work, then use Input to select Video 3 and just leave it there and see if it takes you to the Input. Let me know what happens.

When I put it on Video 3 and push Menu the screen flashes No Signal. So I put it on Video 3 and left it there.

Okay, I've got nothing and will opt out.

ok thanks for your effort
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi - this is Russell H., Expert with JustAnswer.com. I think the solution - if many buttons have not been pressed, and if they have been, the TV may well need a brief visit from a cable tech or other tech who can get all the settings back to their right values.

But if not - and to answer your original question - the Channel Up or Channel + button on the TV was used, correct? if so, then use the Channel Down or Channel - button on the TV, to set the channel displayed (briefly) on the TV screen to '3' (or in some cable systems, perhaps '2', but I doubt it!). Wait a bit.

If you get no picture, you may need to use the Input button the previous Expert mentioned, to find the correct Input, leaving the Channel on '3' meanwhile.

Channel 3 tunes in the cable box, you see. Input choices eventually will lead to the cable box's input port on the TV (probably 'Cable', of course!)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.