TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 40" LCD Insignia wouldn't start up,but the tv is powered…

My 40" LCD Insignia...

My 40" LCD Insignia wouldn't start up,but the tv is powered up

Technician's Assistant: Is your Insignia TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No,directly into the plug

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes,didn't work

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

Model # NS-40L240A13 Rev.A Serial # 40G120494S09247

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
stevenl1469
Phone call session started
Sorry I missed your call, can you call me again?

Hi, it seems another tech made that call and may be busy with a different customer over the phone, hopefully, he/she

will call you again

However, we can still continue here in text chat, did you get my previous reply to try the suggestion

/

I did troubleshooting and nothing happened. Is still powered but don't start

OK, do you get sound from TV speakers while screen stays black?

No

OK, please do the following test to diagnose the issue

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

I can't see anything, it's whole screen black

Sorry to hear that, it is the main board internal failure causing the issue and replacement of mainboard on the TV is needed to fix it, please click the following supplier link to view the kan bard image and part number info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/insignia/ns-40l240a13

I replaced the mainboard and the tv is not working.

Sorry to hear that, does the screen glow/ light up when turning power ON?

Or any change in TV symptoms after new board installation?

No any changes

- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

Is solid

OK, where did you get the replacement mainboard from?

eBay with $55.00
Your source didn't have it

OK, can you contact the supplier to get another replacement board because of the TV symptoms that point towards mainboard failure

Thank you.

Nice, please reply back with the result

Thanks

I will do

Thanks, ***** ***** the best~