TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a vizio model # E60-C3. the screen has darkened all…

I have a vizio model...
I have a vizio model # E60-C3. the screen has darkened all but the lower left. Its not black but it is darker than the rest of the screen. What could this be?
3/12/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Does it do this with other inputs like a DVD player for example?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it doesnt with my ps3
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just regular tv and cable

OK in that case please do this>>

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no change

Its probably not as prominent using the PS3 the problem is bad back-lights I am afraid these will need replacing thing is its a laborious job and costly.....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is it something i can repair?

They can go dimmer as well as failing altogether, and no its something you can't do yourself I do not fit myself so I did try and do the work but damaged the LCD panel an easy thing to do,you could try though but you wil need the correct backlights www.shopjimmy.com may stock these however I would not advise you to do this the set has to be stripped down

There are many videos on youtube about backlight replacement to give you an idea

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you

Sorry its nothing easier back-light failure is one of the most common issues with modern sets

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician