TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a television that blacks out for a second or two then…

I have a television...

I have a television that blacks out for a second or two then the screen reappears

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

It is a smart tv

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

3/12/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?

no

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

About a year and a half ago

-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

It is a vizio 65 in. 4k smart tv e65u-d3

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet, also unplug all related equipment like cable box, surround sound, etc.

-reseat ALL the hdmi/audio/video cables on the back of the tv AND back of all the related equipment.
-Plug in the power cords, turn on, and test.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

unpluged evrything and it still doing it

Can you please list everything that is connected to the tv?

Is there a surround sound system involved?

Do you use the TV built in APPS?

cable box a playstation 4 a 3 band router and motem

Does the picture black out on just the cable box or when using the playstation as well?

when using everything now the screen is black but the sound is on

Do you have the original Vizio remote that came with the tv?

Can you try to bring up the TV MENU using that remote?

give me a sec

ok

ok got it what next?

got it

So the menu is showing up now?

Is the sound still playing? Is there no picture from (cable box or playstation)?

the menu goes out when screen does

Oh, ok.

picture is in and out menu just came back up

Your tv needs repairs. If you have an extended warranty, it's time to call them. If you don't you will want to get an estimate from a local repair shop, them maybe contact Vizio to see if they will assist you with the cost to fix the tv. Let me know if you need help with any of this.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

ok thanks have a nice rest of your day

You're welcome. Please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Thanks.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician