TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV is plugged in but there is no power, no light. I

Customer Question
TV is plugged in...

TV is plugged in but there is no power, no light

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I purchased this Polaroid 32GSR3000FC in August, it was manufactured in December 2016

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works, it is as if it was not plugged in. The plug works and I have no other problems on any other ty

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 32GSR3000FC? What happened right before this?

My husband turned it off Saturday, went in to turn it on and noticed the red light was not on

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/12/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 month ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

In every case were there is no power-light lit on the front of the set you are sure you have power to the set ,have bypassed any surge limiter and maybe moved the set to a known working socket, ideally the back of the set will need to come off and checks made using a volt-ohm meter, the way it stands at present the power-board inside the set is not working (most likely) and will need to be replaced,if you think you can do this work yourself,I will be happy to help you with it, please let me know and I will provide all relevant info.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have plugged it into another socket and there is nothing. The TV cost $125, is putting in a new power board worth the cost?

That is it in a nutshell no these smaller sets now are basically throw away you would be better off replacing it,sign of the times I am afraid, about the only thing worth checking inside the set with a meter is the sets own internal fuse,you may get lucky and it may just be that

Do you need any more help with this please?just so you understand I do not receive any payment from the site until you rate me hopefully 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you

Anthony

Not sure if you have seen my replies above?question is still open thanks

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician