TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a vizio e470i-a0 47" led tv. Has a dark shadow going…

Have a vizio...

Have a vizio e470i-a0 47" led tv. Has a dark shadow going through screen horizontally, about 4" wide.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your E470I-A0?

Yes. have 3 hdmi cables plugged in

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

sure

Does this shadow affect all the inputs and the TV MENU (using the vizio remote)?

not now, thank you.

the shadow is active no matter what input

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

just tv power?

Yes.

ok, still light shadow across screen.

I was afraid of that. I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure of the back lights inside the screen. This repair requires a very complex procedure to replace parts inside the tv and LABOR that will cost more than a new 47" tv (unless you try to DIY). For more details REPLY back to me here and I can explain further.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
thank you very much. thought as much.

You're welcome.