TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung, 61", DLP TV.When I turn it on, the halo…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Samsung, 61", DLP TV.When I turn it on, the white halo ring , around the on button comes on, like normal, but no picture or sound. Then the 3 small LED'd on the lower Right of the front((Stand by, Timer, & LED s), start flashing. continuously, The only way to turn it off is pull the plug.... Is this condition fatal? ..

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?

Yes, Both HDMI & component

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

NO, THe unit is fed from a UPS unit, which normally does not let any surges pass through. all other equipment-receiver, Direct Tv, DVD ar fine

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Hello

Hi

Although i know what this problem is , i could be more specific with the model number , it may look like HL-S6187W

Model# *****
R U There?

Yes , PLEASE give me time to type

This is a lamp failure , when was the last time you replaced it ?

Never

So sorry , this is actually a LED lit model and it has no lamp

Let me check that code then

I did replace the main chip ( see Last Problem) some time ago, myself.. Is this a big job?

You mean the DLP chip ?

I had white pixels (a lot showing on the screen, I purchased a new chip, online, fixed problem

This wont take long , i`m retrieving the service manual

Well , it remains pretty much the same as a defective lamp except this time it points to a defective LED and there are 3 of them so there will be some tests to perform here

This could be the LED , its driver or even the power supply circuit

I`don`t know but you may need the help of a local tech. on this

Also can give you the service manual

The Manual would be Great, can I download it?

Yes , give me a minute

Here it is , click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The manual is behind that , give it a minute to open and then use the DOWNLOAD button .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5k4skxxafsphe7/samsung_l70a_aquamarine_chassis_hl61a750a1fxzc_dlp_projection%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any more questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Thanks, ***** ***** it might be more trouble than worth as the set is 10 yrs old. Getting to those boards is a major job & replacement bds. might not be available, What do U think??

True its not getting any younger and even if you were to repair it yourself then next month something else could fail and to have a repair shop doing this would cost you some $300 to $350 while you can get a brand new 55" for around $500 now

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

I agree... Thanks, ***** ***** nice day...............Ken

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

Any more questions on this ?

Jack
Jack, Technician