TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a polaroid smart android TV model no PL5517UAD, while…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a polaroid smart android TV model no PL5517UAD , while decorating i place the tv on the floor . buy doing this i think i have damaged the remote sensors as only some buttons work on the remote . can i get a new sensor ?

Technician's Assistant: What Polaroid model do you have? How old is it?

3 months old model PL5517UAD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It will change Chanel but wont let access the net apps etc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your PL5517UAD? What happened right before this?

Was all working fine till i rested the tv on the floor

3/12/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no still the same

Did you attempt to replace the batteries in the remote? If not can you please and tell me if this helps

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i really dont want to spend the money if it is broken

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
new battery channel button works and volume and source thats all

Ok, we need to see if the TV or the remote is at fault here.

We can test the remote with the camera on a smartphone

Do you have a smartphone there?

ok, open the camera on the phone, so you see the image via the camera on the screen

Then point the remote at the camera and press some of the non working buttons.

If they are working, you will see the light at the end of the remote flashing as it will show infrared light which the remote emits.

Tell me if the buttons that do not work on the TV, light up when seen via the camera app on the phone please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
wow the buttons that work it lights the one that dont do not

Ok, it means the remote has failed, this is the cause of the issue.

You will need to purchase a new one and this you can via my link below

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/one-for-all-replacement-remote-for-panasonic-tv.html+&cd=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl

This new remote will then allow you to use the full functions of the TV again.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Richard, Technician