TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do i hook up a magnavox flat tv to my sound system. Rca.

How do i hook...

How do i hook up a magnavox flat tv to my sound system

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Rca

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your RCA system?

The red and white cable for audio and it does nt work'

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a special cable i need

3/12/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi pete

What is the model number of your Magnavox TV?

What is the model number of your RCA sound system?

What is the label on the connections on each device that you have connected the red and white cables to?

Rca rtb10323rlw Magnavox 50mf412b/f7
used hdmi
I took off the red and white cables
Blue ray works fine but tv no sound thru sound system

Thanks, ***** *****

Ok, you will need to use a Digital Audio Output cable to connect the audio signal from the TV to the sound system.

You can get one of these cables from a local electronics shop, or online:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Digital-Optical-Audio-Toslink/dp/B00NH11H38

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

I see the optical connection on blue ray but don't see one on tv wherr is it

So you will require the following box to convert the signal from coax to optical:

https://www.amazon.com/C2G-40018-Coaxial-Optical-Converter/dp/B0002J2MV4/

And a coax audio cable, eg.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Digital-Audio-Coaxial-Cable/dp/B01D5H8TS4/

--------------------

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer