TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic 55 inch viera tv that is six years old.

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic 55 inch viera tv that is six years old. worked perfectly till this afternoon. tried to turn it on and nothing happened I unplugged it for a few minutes and plugged it back in but nothing. power light flashes red.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Viera?

Six years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Same problem everywhere. No picture at all.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/12/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you get me the model number off of the back of the TV please?

Also, that red light blinks a pattern (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, etc.). Can you tell me what pattern of blinks yours is doing?

Simply send a reply back to proceed.

just a minute
having trouble

Okay...

just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K

That's not a correct model number. It would be something like: TC-P55TOU or similar. Also I need to know the pattern of blinks.

just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
The TV is on a wall mount that covers the model number plaque and I can't see it so I am hooped right now. I only know that it will be 6 in July and that it is 55 inch

Okay, if you don't have that info- that's okay but I've asked twice now for you to tell me the pattern of blinks and I still don't know that.

just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
Steady blinking and when you try to turn it on the red light goes out for a couple seconds and then starts to blink again

When it goes out for those couple of seconds it initiates the blink pattern. So you would count the number of blinks before the pause- and that is your code. Let me know.

just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
k
just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
k
3 seconds - four tops
just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
k
3 seconds - four tops
checking now
just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
k
3 seconds - four tops
checking now
red light pulses three times from when I hit the power button to when it goes out
just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
k
3 seconds - four tops
checking now
still there?
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 5 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Different expert here. It looks like Aric has opted out. My name is***** you saying the red LED flashes 3 times, then pauses, then flashes 3 times again?

just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
k
3 seconds - four tops
checking now
still there?
actually it flashes three times AFTER I hit the on switch --- then it goes off for about three seconds --- then just starts flashing again constant
just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
k
3 seconds - four tops
checking now
still there?
You there Dan?
just a minute
having trouble
panasonic DYWL10K
sorry wrong number --- just wait
k
3 seconds - four tops
checking now
still there?
You there Dan?
Hey Dan --- The red light flashes 8 times and then goes dark for about three seconds and then flashes 8 times again