TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Any time I watch a movie or a video in general on my Xbox 1…

Any time I watch...

Any time I watch a movie or a video in general on my Xbox 1 after a few minutes the tv turns off and won’t turn back on until you turn off the power to the brick and then turn it back on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Power strip

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yep and that sometimes helps

3/12/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

The model number is ***** and it happens on HDMI 1. The only thing connected is the Xbox 1

OK, have you tried to reboot the TV and Xbox?

Yep and it works for a little bit then happens again

OK, can you try the Xbox into different HDMI input of the TV as a test?

Sure

Thanks

It is working now that it is on a new hdmi

Nice, please keep testing the TV and if problem resolved then a 5-star rating to answer would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician