TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a small LG flat screen in my RV. I bought a HDMI

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a small LG flat screen in my RV. I bought a HDMI adapter so I can watch MSNBC on the MacBook Air on my LG TV. I cannot make it work, so I went to Best Buy where I bought the adaptor, it worked fine. I use the HDMI setting on the input. I can get sound but no picture. Help! Jim

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

11.03

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

I have downloaded Adobe Flash. While the MacBppk is only 3-4 months old this is the first time I have tried to make this work. It must be something in the TV as at BB the guy plugged it into his TV and it worked fine!

At Best Buy the laptop screen shows up on a TV screen using HDMI input. On my LG TV there is audio but no picture. How does this get fixed?
Does someone have this issue and is going to get back to me? Jim
3/12/2018
littlerusty2005

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Your small screen likely doesn't support 1080p like the display at Best Buy. You'll need to adjust the screen resolution on your computer in order for the TV to recognize the video signal. This is why you're getting audio but not video.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display.
  2. Select Scaled, then select one of the options.

Adjust it to 1280x720, and you should be up and running.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you still have trouble, please reply.

littlerusty2005
Rusty, I did what you said. There are 4 default settings, 1280x720 and 1152x720. the open window shows up on my screen but when I close the setting and go to MSNBC all I get on the TV is the picture of the screen saver. Jim
Phone call session started
  1. Click the Apple icon in the top left of the screen.
  2. Click System Preferences.
  3. Click on Displays, on the second line.
  4. Click the Arrangement tab.
  5. Check the “Mirror Displays” checkbox in the bottom left of the window.

We got cut off. If you still need me, let me know, I'll call back at no extra charge.

I actually hung up on you as I was trying to get to your solution, it worked! Thank you so much, Jim