TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote won't work. I put new batteries in. No light & my…

My remote won't work...

My remote won't work. I put new batteries in. No light & my tv is stuck on comp/av. how can I change to hdmi?

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Remote is ns-rc02a-12

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Nothing with the remote

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

3/11/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

I have access

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and turn on.

-test for normal operation.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

tv came back on in comp/av mode no power light in remote

Have you located/tried the buttons on the tv itself?

I can't seem to get it to ch 3
it says cdtv (which would be antenna stations)

Ok but are you reading my replies here? Have you located/tried the buttons on the tv itself?

in channels choose tv source cable is checke 0 digital 0 analog
then no signal

Not sure what are you talking about...

Again - are you reading my replies here?

I am reading your replies I can turn it off & on & change channels with buttons but I can't seem to get it on hdmi-1 for cable
it has to be on ch 3 for cable

Thanks

Something isn't making sense.... you say it has to be on CH3 ... Then you are asking to get it on HDMI.... Go to the back of the tv and tell me where your signal is connected? Is it physically connected to HDMI or somewhere else?

It is in hdmi-1

Forget about CH3.... Look for a button on the tv called INPUT or SOURCE. Press that button, keep pressing it until the tv gets to HDMI 1. REPLY back and let me know what happens.

got it!

Excellent. Reply back for more assistance.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

changed to hdmi

Ya, that's what we want. Is there something else?

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
ok thank you. have a great rest of your day!

You too