TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No picture. Nothing is plugged in now since it has no back…

Nothing is plugged in...

Nothing is plugged in now since it has no back light or picture

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No, just wouldn’t turn on one day. It’s the E65-E1 model

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess that’s all

How soon will I be connected
3/11/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is there any sound?

If the screen is black and you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote does the menu come up please?

The problem is most likely internal since it does not power up.

So you have no power-light lit on front of the set? no signs of life from the set?

I do not have phone access at my house.

Phone call messages are sent by the site please choose to ignore if not wanted

I have no power anywhere and it’s plugged in. Is there a test I can run on one of the boards?

In every case were there is no power-light lit on the front of the set you are sure you have power to the set ,have bypassed any surge limiter and maybe moved the set to a known working socket, ideally the back of the set will need to come off and checks made using a volt-ohm meter, the way it stands at present the power-board inside the set is not working (most likely) and will need to be replaced,if you think you can do this work yourself,I will be happy to help you with it, please let me know and I will provide all relevant info.

The back cover is off and I do not see any burn marks on either board so there is no obvious short.

You need a meter problems do not present themselves by being burnt or are seen with the naked eye do you have a meter?

Is there way to test the power board?

I have a meter but don’t know which setting to put it on

You see the sets OWN fuse near where the power-cord enters the power=board set the meter to OHMS and then read across the fuse it should read near 0 ohms if its good note set disconnected from wallpower for test

I’m will have to try again later. Battery is dead on my ohm tester
If it is the power board, where can I order a replacement board

www.shopjimmy.com and it IS the powerboard but may just be the fuse if you are lucky

A positive rating at this point is welcome ,hopefully 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page (but no lower than 3) thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Sure, where do I give the rating.

Top of the page a rating bar of stars

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician