TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Sony tv - Model # KDL - 48W 600B; Serial # 524…

We have a Sony...

We have a Sony tv - Model # KDL - 48W 600B; Serial #(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

We can receive BritBox on our ipad, but we would like to receive it on our tv. A friend recommended Chrome cast. Is that the best alternative? If so, which Chrome cast model should we get? If that is not the best solution, what would you recommend?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv menu works. We can receive netflix using the tv remote control. We have not tried any other streaming source.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/11/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello

Hi

If you plan on casting from the IPad , although chromecase 2 is excellent , you may consider an apple tv box that will allow you to mirror or use AIRPLY along with connecting directly to the web or your netflix, amazon etc.

Hi Jack:Do you need to know anything else ?

Can you see my answer above ?

I seee it now. Is Chrome cast 2 the best solution?

If you`re going to do casting only then yes it is excellent , i have one myself but then i have no Ipad but samsung tablet and PC`s so it is best for me but if i had apple products i would go for apple tv

Either ways will work fine anyway

Chrome cast needs to have the chrome browser installed by the way

Is apple tv a tv set or an attachment to our Sony tv? How is the cost relative to Chrome cast 2?
What is a chrome browser?

Apple tv is an external box like roku or amazon fire box ,stcik etc. it connects to your tv just like any of the , even chromecast , it is just well designed to be used with Ipad , Iphone ,Ipod etc. or MAC pc`s if you have all that

Fair bit more expensive though , you are looking at $200 for the base model VS $45 for chromecast 2 at bestbuy

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

ok, I'll go with the chrome cast 2. Please explain the "Chrome Browser."
Hi Jack:Are you still there?

You know what a browser is ?

Internet explorer , firefox, chrome , opera etc. are all browsers and the one that allows you to cast from your browser will be chrome , wherher you are watching youtube , netflix, amazon prime etc.

Yes I`m still here , i just need time to type your answers

Google CHROME and you will find it , better yet you may be using it already

I do not know what a browser is. Let's start with is it hardware or software?
how can I find out if I'm already using it?

google browser then

How are you talking to me right now if not through a browser ??

Get yourself the device to start with

Open your search engine and search for google chrome and if you don`t have it then install it

Thats a browser

When you open a web page that is with a browser

Jack
Jack, Technician
okay I'll google "brwser," and "Chrome."Thx for your help. Bye

Thank you and when you google , you are already in a browser