TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to fix a LN5400 LED TV. There is one led open…

I am trying to...

I am trying to fix a LN5400 LED TV. There is one led open and the rest of them check ok with a 9 volt battery. The power supply comes up and I get a short flash from the led,s. When I unplug the led,s from the power supply the power stays up at around112 volts. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your LN5400?

2014

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu, black screen. yes

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. The LEDs are connected in a parallel circuit with each other. When one of them opens, the total resistance of the LED circuit increases and the power supply output voltages don't like that change (voltage tries to follow the resistance) which is shutting down your power supply.

Replace the LED strips.

I'm not sure what the size of the screen is or I would link you to a suitable replacement. If you enter the model number >>here<< you should be able to find them for sale.