TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Hitachi 55' flat screen tv model LE55W806 when you turn it…

Hitachi 55' flat screen...

Hitachi 55' flat screen tv model LE55W806 when you turn it on the pitcher tries to show than goes blank but you still have sound.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LE55W806?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The first time it happened after waiting a hour it worked fine for a few days but now it wont.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

I have done that step several times still does the same

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? For example:

-none/very little

-comfortable setting up tv, source devices, sound systems

-proficient with testing/repair (give examples)

Because since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (depends on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 so it is worth at least having the tv looked at.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Did you get the message I just posted?

Are you going to DIY or need information on a local repair shop?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

I would like to know how I can get my hands on a technical manual and do it myself.

Just doing a quick web search, I cannot find anyone with this manual, usually means Hitachi is keeping it only for use by authorized Service Centers. But I can help you here... First step is get the back off the tv and test the 24v out from the power board to the LED board. Parts can be identified at www.shopjimmy.com

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
thanks, ***** ***** try the web page.