TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I turn off the SAP feature? I've tried by going thru…

How do I turn...

How do I turn off the SAP feature? I've tried by going thru the menu instructions. No way to turn it off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Sanyo 42 in. wall mount

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sanyo product?

Going thru the menu to settings, Audio, Sap. It gives me language choices but no way to turn it off.

3/11/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

What do you call SAP ?

You have different languages or no sound on some channels or for example there is a voice that describes the scenes on the tv show playing ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is a voice that describes the scenes on the tv

OK then that is not SAP and it does not come from the tv

Do you have a cable or satellite box and if so who is your service provider ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dish satellite.

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE , I`m an independent tech. and have NO CONTROL over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

This is called DVS or descriptive video service and this will sit in the dish box audio setup menu

They are not clear exactly on this but they all are in the audio setup

Take a look in that dish menu

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
O. K. yes I did receive that offer. Thank you for alerting me. I have Dish Setillite

Looks like you are responding to emails instead of using the website , this causes delays

You could also find this in the ACCESSIBILITY SETTINGS menu

Again , it varies on receivers

If you can`t find it then let me know the remote model number you have

It will be something like 40.0,50.0 52.0 etc.

You may also see AD for audio description

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
O K, I'll try that. Thanks. I can't find the remote model #

should be at the back of it

On one model you press the RED button twice and select AD and other models you press OPTION (near the top) twice and select AD

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Jack
Jack, Technician
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician