TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a new Samsung TV. I can't find a way to increase the…

I have a new...

I have a new Samsung TV. I can't find a way to increase the size of the tiny Amazon Prime Video closed cations. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

It's a new 42 inch Samsung. Bought it a few weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The problem is only with Amazon Prime Video...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

It's been an issue right from the start.

3/11/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

1. Go to your Prime Video Settings.
  2. Go to Subtitles Preferences.
  3. Use the Edit button to configure your presets. You can change the text color, style, size, and more.

Let me know if this works or not please

There is no "subtitle preferences"......

You are in the PRIME VIDEO SETTINGS?

I'm amazed too....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=aw?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201480600

Click the above link you may need to speak with amazon because this is how its done

Let me know about this please

Doesn't work. Not even close. There is no "search box"..... only the "word" "search". When you click on it, you get a keyboard. Typing in the word subtitle gets you nothing.
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack

You need to login to your amazon account first , did you do that ?

Try this link ; https://www.amazon.com/video/settings

Login and got to SUBTITLES PREFERENCES

You will see DEFAULT (which you have now) then PRESET 1 n, 2 and 3 , click on one of those and set your text larger

Note that you need to restart amazon prime before it takes effect

I've done exactly that, and tried every option with no resulting change in the size of the captions whatsoever

Well then something not working here , reboot your equipment perhaps , i have amazon prime myself and this works just fine either on the pC ,tablet or smart phone

works fine on my iPad, but not on my Samsung tv....

.

Whatever info i get on this takes me back to the same page

Perhaps a samsung problem and i do not know so i will opt out

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

Ok...
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now allows you to change the size of the captions

Let me know the results please

Tried it. Did not work. Netflix cc is fine. Prime Video remains too small. Suggestions?

Thanks

I want you please to reset your TV, to do this

1. Press the Home button on your Samsung Smart Remote to access the Home Screen.

2. Using the directional pad on your remote, navigate to and select Settings, and then select Support.

3. Enter in your 4 digit PIN, then select Done. By default your PIN is 0000.

4. Select Self Diagnosis, and then select Reset.

5. Select Yes to continue, and then select OK to complete the reset. Your TV will restart automatically.

Once done, setup the TV again and tell me how it then functions please

Richard, Technician
I followed your procedure. When I finished, I brought up a Prime Video show that I've used in the past to check cc size. During this step, I happened to accidentally hit the down arrow on my controller. Much to my surprise I saw that I could scroll across some symbols to the "cc" symbol. When I clicked on it, a set of font options came up which were identical to those you can access on your computer at the Prime Video closed caption web page. Historically using the web page produced no change even though I would always click on the largest font option. However, on the TV when I selected that same large font size, the size appearing on the Prime Video did indeed change! That largest size could actually still be a little larger for easier viewing with your peripheral vision. Nevertheless it is an improvement. Interesting enough, when you're watching a major network such as CBS and hit the down arrow, nothing happens. No where did I ever come across an instruction stating that if I hit the down arrow in Prime Video I would be able to access the cc and change its font size and appearance! I fear that if I had stumbled upon this use of the down arrow while watching Prime Video, no support services such as yours would have been required. Keep this one in your hip pocket. I've seen via Google where others have been experiencing the same problem and had no solution! Thanks for your efforts, but it appears that I fortuitously stumbled on the solution.