TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Out Sharp 42” tv turns on’ the light comes on but there is…

Out Sharp 42” tv...

Out Sharp 42” tv turns on’ the green light comes on but there is no picture. The remote does not communicate with the tv. We changed the batteries we cannot turn off the tv manually with the button on the tv either. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 42”?

YesHDMI

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Don’t think so. The alarm clocks were not blinking.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Model LC-42SV5OU. We are hooked up to a Sattelite. I cannot bring up or change the inputs with the remote

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried as the first thing that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable/ satellite box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable/ satellite box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

we have tried that. It worked for a while but does not anymore.

OK, does the screen glow/ show backlight or any graphics appear when tuning On TV power?

No all black

OK, when pushing the power button on TV remote, does the TV switch On and Off accordingly?

No

OK, there are few control buttons on the side panel of the TV, push the power button there, does TV respond to it?

N

Thanks for the info, it is no confirmed that TV has got an internal problem with the mainboard, it the one where Video/ HDMI inputs are located, this board has main controller chip that isn't booting up so TV doesn't respond on user commands, replacement of mainboard is needed to resolve the problem. Please click the following link to view the mainboard image and part number info to search/ google it if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp/lc-42sv50u

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

No thank you

Much welcome, wish you the best~
Please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician