TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Was watching T.V. (through satellite).....than the screen…

Was watching T.V. (through...

Was watching T.V. (through Bell satellite).....than the screen went black and now there is no sound.....not even through the receiver

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

HDMI cables are plugged into the T.V.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello

Hi

Can you see the tv`s own menu ?

How about the receiver`s own menu ,does it normally shows up on the tv screen and if so , does it now ?

no, my husband is here with me,

Never mind then .

You dont have the video feed going through the receiver first do you ?

The satellite is connected straight to the tv first ?

Reboot the satellite by pulling out its power cord 30 secs

the satellite is connected to the t.v. first......
everything was working just fine......now no sound from the T.V. directly

Reboot that satellite box , something went wrong with it

By the way , is the picture back and you`re missing only the sound or both are missing now ?

ok we are doing that now......
when you try to bring up a recorded show from the PVR.....
in the left hand corner comes up a triangle with exlamation mark in it.....
just the sound.....

The pvr is telling you something wrong with the record function , you could have a failed hard drive internally

ok...we are plugging it back in now

Give it up to 5 minutes , sat. box take a while to reboot and re-acquire the satellite

ok...will do
the sound is back, but when you try to do any activity from the satellite...
it still comes up
HD NORMAL
SD NORMAL
TRIANGLE WITH EXLAMATION MARK

The sound I`m not surprised but your sat. box went defective and i would bet it is the hard drive

Have that box replaced

When it blanked out yesterday , that is what happened

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Jack
Jack, Technician
OK...will do......right away...
thanks so much for your all your help....have a great day

Same to you and thank you