TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Having trouble setting up my Sony Sound Bar, Model HT-CT790…

Having trouble setting up...

Having trouble setting up my Sony Sound Bar, Model HT-CT790 with my Panasonic flat screen TV.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Panasonic TV?

Yes , plugged in the HDMI cable that came with, but when I try to perform step 7 to set up, nothing shows up when I select the Homre button on the Sony controller.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No power outage.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Select input with the Panasonic controller, it shows the sound bar as a device, but when select it, the TV screen goes black indicating no signal.

3/11/2018
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Do you have video input devices or a device connected to the soundbar? Example would be a cable box , or player like a Roku. If so, what type of connection? Please describe your wiring in detail to me.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Only device connected to the sound bar is the HDMI cable to the Panasonic flat screen TV.

Phone support would make this much easier and faster to solve. I sent you an offer for that, and if you'd like to accept it, I can connect with you right away.

Just a moment, please.

OK. You can also request through the system. Also, what port do you have the HDMI cable plugged in to the TV at?

Tv is HDMI port 2.

That's an INPUT port on the TV. What port on the bar do you have the other side plugged into?

technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician
Have tried ports 3 & 2 on the bar.

Thank You. I will call in a few minutes. Please reply with your contact number.

My cell(###) ###-####
Nicholas, are you there?

I am currently connected to another customer, but will connect with you as soon as I'm done. Estimated time : about 5 to 10 minutes. Your patience is appreciated. Thank You.

I did pick up an optical cable at Best Buy on my way home from church, would that be better than the HDMI cable?