TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv is on "live tv" and I am unable to make any changes of…

Customer Question
My tv is on...

My tv is on "live tv" and I am unable to make any changes of the channel

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is one week old, smart HD tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The input on cable box not working. When I go to TV input it says tuner is not set up.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Just now. I think there may have been a security question that I passed by

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
3/11/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you check where the cable box is connected to the tv (which port on the back of the tv)? Such as hdmi1 or hdmi2 for example.
Also as an initial step, please unplug power to the cable box for at least 5 minutes

replug, wait 5 more, then press the Input button on the tv remote, and choose the input where the box is connected.

Let me know what happens please

I unplugged. my cable box now says boot
I am back to same issue. Do you think it may be related to my cable box remote?

If the remote is not responsive, or you can't bring up the cable menus,

then it could be a bad remote or a bad box if it still happens.

So the next step here would be to call the cable co and have them replace both the box and the remote.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.