TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have an older (2009) SQO1 version and will not turn on.

Have an older (2009)...

Have an older (2009) SQO1 version and will not turn on. Tried the unplugging, holding powers button,etc. Could it be the capacitor

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Was,unconnected it have tv plugged directly to wall outlet now

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot find a power button on back or side of tv,just the one on lower right side. Does this tv even have another power switch?

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. I need the full model code from the back of the TV. Sometimes it's on the side.

Hi Dan, model code is LN52B750U1FXZA
Cannot afford $30 for me to call you,sorry. Guess email will be the way

If you're seeing offers for additional services (like phone calls), rest assured those are coming from the site and not me. They're automated.

On the TV, are you seeing any sights or sounds of life whatsoever? How about the power light on the front?

Power light comes on as does my satellite receiver. It acts as if it wants to turn on but it won't

Can you hear it clicking, inside?

No it won't click the white light ,bottom center,will flicker

OK, thanks. In that case, it definitely sounds like the power supply board has failed. Yes, it's normally the capacitors but it can also come from a handful of other components on the board. The safest way to fix this is to replace the board in its entirety. You can order a brand new one >>here<<.

Do you need instructions on replacing the board? Do you need a copy of the service manual?

I've had the set unplugged for a few hours should I plug it back in?

You can, but it's not going to fix it. If the TV does come on, it will be temporary until the board is repaired or replaced.

Do you think it's the capacitor?

There isn't a lone capacitor. There are a handful of them on the power supply board. The board should be replaced.

If you scroll up a little, I sent you a link to purchase a replacement board. Do you need instructions on replacing it?

Thanks Dan! I probably will need instruction on how to. How do I get in touch with YOU once I've gotten the part?

If my instructions are good enough, you shouldn't need me again. But if you do, that's perfectly OK... just click the link in the email we sent you (it will take you back to this conversation).

So first, you'll want to >>buy the part<<. Once you get it, follow these instructions:

1-Disconnect the TV power cord, and let the TV sit for 5 minutes.

2-Cover a sturdy table with a blanket,and lay the TV face down.

3-Remove all of the screws from the TV's rear panel (keep them in a bowl!).

4-Remove the TV's pedestal stand, and the rear panel. This should expose the circuit boards.

5-Find the power supply board (identical to the new one you have).

6-Disconnect the wiring going to the board. It's just clips/harnesses, no soldering or anything like that.

7-Remove the screws that hold the board in place.

8-Reverse that procedure to install the new board.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Thank you so much,Dan! Truly appreciate it!

You're welcome!