TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung TV Model HL-T5687S. Would turn on and nothing would…

Samsung TV Model HL-T5687S...

Samsung TV Model HL-T5687S. Would turn on and nothing would happen. Would wait for a while and turn off and return on and it would work. Sound would come on first the a picture if multiple offs and on required.Now that does not work.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your HL-T5687S connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI yes

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello

Hi

This phone request is an extra $26 and was sent by the website , not me
Do you still want that call or continue in chat /text mode (this) ?

call is fine with me
will you call then

No problem , give me a couple minutes please , have to switch PC for this

Jack
Jack, Technician
ok
Phone call session started

By the way , a repair shop would charge around $250 to $300 parts included to do this .

Take a look and if that is not your cup of tea so to speak and if you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;

www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 55" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Here is the manual and by the look of it you have both a sub-power and a main power board on page 68 and 69 so you will need to ID both in your tv and you are now looking at some $90 in parts, click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The manual is behind that , give it a minute to open and then use the DOWNLOAD button .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qs22kyx09fl8af/samsung_hlt5687s%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0

If you decide against a repair then i would suggest now to leave the tv on 24/7 until you get to either replace it or repair it

OK, thanks for your thoughts.. Based on all of that I will take it to the dump.. Just used to things lasting 30 years.. Best Thoughts Dan

May still work for quite a while if you don`t turn it off for more than 30 minutes or so but if you do turn it off at night then at some point soon it won`t turn back on