TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The time on my 24 inch is wrong and I can't change it.

Customer Question
The time on my...

The time on my 24 inch is wrong and I can't change it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Westinghouse 24 inch hdmi. model #EU24H1G1 it's about 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works but there is no access to changing the time. it was 2 hrs off and our time changed so now it's 3 hrs off

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your #EU24H1G1? What happened right before this?

I guess it has always been that way. I feel there must be a way to change it but I can' figure it out. I go to the menu and go through all the instructions for the tv but there is no time change on the menu

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/11/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

First , you are aware that we advanced 1 hour during the night ?

it was 2hrs off, now it’s 3 hrs off

Been looking at this tv`s manual and there is nothing about setting the time

Is there a cable box connected to this tv or satellite box perhaps ?

It’s connected to a outside antenna

Nothing else ?

Where do you go to check the time ?

I use an outside source like my cell phone. There is no access that I can find on the tv

OK then the tv is not the one that generates the time and even in the tv`s setup wizard there is no such thing so the source is the one that sends the wrong time , not the tv

I guess so. It seems like there should be a way to change it through the tv

I can`t see how , this tv does not generate a clock nor have any adjust , it just receives the wrong time right now

Is there a way to change it?
Great

I`m sorry but something just came up and I will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .

TV Technician: Eldon, Technician replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

if you're using an antenna, the tv may be picking up the time signal from a local broadcast, usually the local pbs station. They may have an incorrect setting on their end which isn't yet updated.

You can however try to refresh the system,

go into the tv menu, under Settings, then to Reset All

If prompted use 999999 as the password,

after it resets, you'll have to do the channel scan again and other initial setup, and the time should be corrected at that point.

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.