TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

First I love my Vizio TV. Now I have had Cable TV for

First I love my...

First I love my Vizio TV. Now I have had Cable TV for several years and the cable company gave me a remote to us. Well I have turn in my cable box and have started to use the remote that came with the TV. Now I can turn on the TV and the Volume button works but I can't change channels with the remote. I have also tried to change channels at the TV but that doesn't work either. I have put new batteries in and even bought another remote to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Vizio TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes, the TV works sound and all but can't change the channels unless I hit each number

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Using red, yellow, blue and white cables

3/11/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

So your are connected directly to cable or antenna now , no cable box any longer ?
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

ok, please hold on
Model Vizio VX32LHDTV10A 9/2007 SERIAL # LSPABEH(###) ###-####
I HAVE TO LEAVE NOW. PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS TO***@******.***
Thank you in advance and I hope you can help. PS. the color cables go to a DVD.
Rudy

Hi

This won`t take long to give you an answer

You need to perform a channel search in order to load the available channels in memory before you can use teh up/down channel buttons

Will upload the manual and give you the page number for that procedure

Look on page 35 of this manual and don`t forget to set the tuner mode to either cable or antenna ;

http://cdn.vizio.com/manuals/kb/legacy/vx32lmanual.pdf

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Jack
Jack, Technician
Sorry it took so long to get back and write a review.
You where very helpful an took a lot of stress away
from me.......LOL Thank you again
Rudy

No problem and thank you