TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv won’t come on I have sounds but no picture. The red…

Customer Question
My tv won’t come...

My tv won’t come on I have sounds but no picture. The red light flashes 7 times then pause then 7 times again

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No I unplugged everything and plugged in directly

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 5 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

8017-01620P

Sorry but that is not the model

Is the brand name Panasonic ?

Sorry but this phone request failed and although i`m sure your credit is fine there seems to be a problem with payments and even though I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the $26 extra charges and declined them ,this is usually due to the second charge from the website, you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

How old is it approx. and is it a plasma tv ?

About the sound , that is coming from a sound system , not the tv ,is that correct ?

I read it of the back of the tv
it’s plasma
About 5 years old

OK then i know what this is but for exact part number look again for a number that starts with TH-....... or TC-.......

Followed by screen size , for example TH-50..... for a 50" model

TC-p60ZT60

Give me a few minutes please

I`m afraid that this 7 blinks code is one of the worst you can get for this serie of panasonic , it points to 3 boards that always get replaced at the same time in repair shops , those are the SC,SU and SD boards which are the y-sustain board and its buffer/scan drive boards .

They are closely related and one of them bad can blow the other two hence replacing the 3 of them at once .
This would require for you to be comfortable working with circuit boards if you had in mind to work on this yourself and you are looking at some $150 (or close) in parts and possibly $200 to have this done at home and $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .